Roseville Youth Basketball Association is a volunteer community organization serving residents and students of Roseville, Minnesota, and Independent School District 623. Our coaches, assistants, directors, board members, and officers donate their time and talents to help provide athletic opportunities for the boys and girls who participate in our basketball programs. For information about volunteer opportunities, contact President Debby Willmus or any of our board members.
RYBA is once again offering summer basketball skills training for all girls and boys interested in playing basketball this coming season. This would include 2015-2016 season 4th - 8th graders. These are closed sessions where the trainers (including some parent coaches and RYBA Board Members) will help train our players in basketball skills (drills, ball handling, etc.).
Session will occur on Sunday's, July 12th through August 23rd, from 6-8PM at RAHS. Girls in lower gym and boys in upper gym.
Players attending 5 out of the 7 sessions will get a free RYBA T-Shirt and be eligible for prizes in a drawing during the last session.
Drawing would include one grand prize of Beats Headphones and multiple prizes of $10 iTunes Gift Cards.
Click below for more information:
A special THANK YOU to all the volunteers who weathered the storms Monday, July 29th. Although, we didn't get to actually walk the full parade route the players had fun!
Come join the Roseville Raiders for a great basketball learning experience!
1) Summer Basketball Camp
*You can register by phone, online or in person! Please see attached for more information from Roseville Parks and Recreation.* Scheduled for June 22nd - 26th at Roseville Area HS from:
To be 9th-12th Graders - 8:00am to 11:00am To be 3rd-5th Graders - 11:30am to 1:45pm To be 6th-8th Graders - 1:45pm to 4:30pm
2) Our 6th Annual Summer Basketball League at Roseville Area HS *Please register by snail mail or in person with Coach Jeff Crosby.
When: June 29th - July 31st (Mondays AND Tuesdays) June 29, 30, July 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28 (Note form states 29 as last day but it is 28)
To be 3rd, 4th and 5th Graders
9:30am - 10:45am
To be 6th, 7th and 8th Graders
10:45am - Noon
**SKILL DEVELOPMENT TIME INCLUDED (When you sign up for league)** Fridays July 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st from 11:00 - 1:00pm
3) To be 9th - 12th Graders - Skill Development Workouts *Please register by snail mail or in person with Coach Jeff Crosby
Team Workouts with Coach Crosby
Mondays and Tuesdays from 7:30am - 9:30am
Wednesdays - 11:30am - 1:00pm
Thursdays - 11:30am - 1:30pm
Fridays - 9:00am - 11:00am
4) Roseville Area HS Summer Strength Training *Please register with Strength Coaches Chris Simdorn or Mike Grant. See form for more information.
- Our to be 9th - 12th grade Girls Basketball players have traditionally lifted weights together in the 9:30am - 11:00am session. It is also popular to lift from the 11:00am - Noon Session.
- To be 8th grade basketball players can lift as well. It is very important to learn correct weight lifting techniques at a young age to set the basketball player up for success!
5) Please note that if you ever have questions about Girls Basketball to contact me directly. Over the years I have learned that things get lost in translation.
Head Girls Basketball Coach
Walk-in Registration 2660 Civic Center Drive.... Stop in to register if applying for Financial Aid or want to pay in Cash or Check..... or if you have questions. Registration can be done online at www.rosevillehoops.org with a credit card payment.
RYBA has use of the facilities as long as weather permits that they are open. If a school is closed due to inclement weather, no practices will be held that night. RYBA does not have the final determination regarding whether or not gyms will be available due to bad weather; that decision can also be made by the school district or Roseville Parks and Recreation. Even if a school is not closed due to the weather, individual coaches can cancel practice at their discretion if they feel that travel to and from practice would be too difficult. If they do that, they will contact their team.
RYBA is always looking for sponsor within the community in order to provide our children with the best possible experience. If you are interested in sponsoring RYBA, click here for more information.